Sunday, October 11, 2009

Viva los colores!

On Friday I made this knitted bangle bracelet. I was in a completely wintery mood and thought I'd do something warming and I found this method and the colour combo suiting. (I am not a very good knitter, but this is just for me, so I don't mind the slip-ups)

Then yeasterday we went shopping for some supplies and presents, and as you can see, my colours were still on winter tip of the scale (regardless of the butterfly).

And theeeeeen.......colours just exploded all around me. And kept exploding!
....

I bought this lovely little vintage looking purse, and some yarn, as well as that cover for the armchair, and some sewing material. The colours completely changed my mood.

Everything was suddenly very bunt, including my boyfriend, his painting and the little felt phone case I just made for him (which sits on his shoulder only for the purpose of the photo, btw.)
So, how could I not make some colourful jewelry. I finally used the felt elements I made a while ago and tadah!
*
Seriously, I cannot tell you how much colours influence me. They really make me happy. When I see nice colours, my mood immediately lifts. They don't have to be warm - it is just the effect that a good combination has on me. That is one of the reasons why I love my boyfriend's paintings so much. He is very good with colours and I have a painting of his that's my favourite hanging opposite the couch, because every time I look at it, it makes me smile a little.
And anyway, there is a good reason for the "bunt" as a part of my name here and the name of our little manufacture :-)
*
I hope the colours above bring you some smiles as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails