Sunday, February 14, 2010

Seasons in fibre

My house guests have gone :( and I'm back to being busy. 
I mentioned in the previous post that I am currently very much into fibre jewelry an I hope it lasts. The first four necklaces are already listed in the shop. They are each dedicated to a season:

SPRING

SUMMER

AUTUMN

WINTER

They all consist of felted wool beads which I then embroidered, crocheted pieces and yarn constructs and I really had fun making them, even though it takes some time, especially the felting part, since the beads are quite big (the one in the first pic is almost 5cm in diameter).

 Now I am working on some necklaces that I am really excited about - they are inspired by colourful African jewelry, especially high chokers. Actually - they're not, since I didn't really research African jewelry, but they are inspired by what in my head African high chokers would look like :)). I find fibre materials so appropriate because they are so light and there are so many ways in which you can use them. (me excited). Also, my dad brought me some really nice wool and I want to work on a few "monumental" pieces :)) Oh my, I have so many ideas and so little time. I really wish days would last at least a couple of hours longer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails